...now i just have to figure out how i can convince you wonderful people to buy me a new, faster computer :)
I have plenty of images, but my computer decided to slow down. So I'm too lazy to process the images. It's good though...forcing me to take perfect images without processing them. Thanks B.O., L.A., L.O. and L.G for being my subjects last weekend. Pictures of them coming in the next week or so.
which one is your favorite?
The international jury of the 49th annual World Press Photo contest selected a color image of the Canadian photographer Finbarr O'Reilly of Reuters as World Press Photo of the Year 2005. The picture shows the emaciated fingers of a one-year-old child pressed against the lips of his mother at an emergency feeding clinic in Niger. A devastating swarm of locusts and the worst drought in decades left millions of people short of food in the African state. The picture was taken in Tahoua, northwestern Niger, on 1 August 2005.
World Press Photo jury chairman James Colton described the winning image: "This picture has haunted me ever since I first saw it two weeks ago. It has stayed in my head, even after seeing all the thousands of others during the competition. This image has everything - beauty, horror and despair. It is simple, elegant and moving."
This year 4,448 professional photographers from 122 countries entered 83,044 images in the most prestigious annual international competition in press photography. The judging sessions took place in Amsterdam from 28 January to 9 February and were completely digital.
The jury gave prizes in 10 theme categories to 63 photographers of 25 nationalities from: Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Norway, People's Republic of China, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the USA.
Finbarr O'Reilly, the author of the World Press Photo of the Year 2005, will receive his award and a cash prize of 10,000 euro at the awards ceremony in the Oude Kerk, Amsterdam, on Sunday 23 April 2006. In addition, Canon will donate O'Reilly a Canon EOS 1D Mark II n camera.
1. Mother and child at emergency feeding center, Tahoua, Niger, 1 August
2. Car bomb explosion, Beirut, Lebanon,
3. Young girl grieves her parents killed by
US patrol, Tal Afar, Iraq, 18 January
4. London underground bomb attack survivor, London, 7 July
5. Street violence surrounding presidential elections, Togo, 22-27 April
6. Kashmir earthquake aftermath,
7. Hurricane Katrina aftermath, New Orleans,
30 August-5 September
8. Car bomb explosion at Tahrir Square, Baghdad, Iraq, 7 May
9. Reburial of Srebrenica massacre victims' bodies, Potocari, Bosnia, 11 July
10. Evacuation of Jewish settlements,
11. Tsunami aftermath,
12. Kashmir earthquake aftermath.
13. Guatemalan youth gangs
14. Diver Chelsea Davis at FINA World Championships, Montreal, 22 July
15. Sidney Maluleke fights with Sello Hawong, Johannesburg, 16 September
16. Sports portfolio: Aaron Peirsol at Santa Clara Grand Prix, California, 26 June
17. Sports portfolio: Maria Sharapova at Australian Open Championships
18. Sahara Marathon
19. Bull fighter, Medellín
20. Boys play football, Kabul, Afghanistan
21. Wheelchair athletes relax after race, Alaska.
22. Boy helps his father to dress, Sierra Leone
23. Malawi Prison
24. Drinking from a polluted well, Gutri, India
25. Journey of an immigrant
26. Diamond industry
27. Breast Cancer
28. North Korean frontier guards
29. Street children, Kinshasa, DR Congo
30. Child labourer in a textile factory, Bangladesh
31. One vodka too many, Chernobyl, Ukraine
33. School for the blind, Liberia
34. Mallam Gahadima Ahamadu with the hyena Jamis, Abuja, Nigeria
35. Mia, drug addict and prostitute
36. Kashmir earthquake survivor, Balakot, Pakistan
37. Chernobyl children Natasha and Vadim
38. World War II veterans
39. US Marines in Iraq
40. Ballet class, Alexandra Township
41. Tsunami victims commemoration ceremony, Thailand
42. At Salvador Dalí exhibition, Philadelphia
43. Dafen oil painting village
44. New York Fashion Week
45. Polar bear, Svalbard
46. Stranded fishing boat after tsunami, Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 12 January
47. Fruit bats, Kasanka National Park, Zambia
48. Amazon drought
49. Asian elephant
50. Ballet school, Moldova
:edit: i took out some of the pictures to save time. search for "World Press Photo of the Year 2005" to get the link to all the images. and the latest entries. ALL of them, to me, were striking. They inspire me to be more into photojournalism than anything.
FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
1. Business Analyst
2. Financial Analyst
3. Assistant- Accounting Manager
4. Assistant- Stock Broker
FOUR FICTIONAL JOBS YOU WISH YOU HAD
1. King of Ijero Ekiti, Nigeria
2. Stay home [job]
3. Halle Berry's boy toy
4. Customer Service tutor
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
2. Godfather (1 and 2)
3. Mission: Impossible 2
FOUR CITIES YOU'VE LIVED IN
1. Lagos, Nigeria
2. Washington, DC
3. Silver Spring, MD
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
1. Most HGTV shows
4. Bernie Mac
FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION/TRAVELED TO
4. Addis Ababa
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY
1. www.ariztos.com (the forum)
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS
1. Iyan...with any kind of stew will do.
2. Ben Chilli Bowl's chilli burger with cheese
4. Rice, Beans and plantains.
FOUR THINGS YOU WON'T EAT (ever again, i've tried a lot of things)
1. Ethiopian food
2. Moroccan food
sorry...that's all i can think of.
FOUR THINGS YOU WISH YOU COULD EAT OR DRINK RIGHT NOW
1. Suya/Chicken Suya (can't wait till y'all get married so we can get this rolling again)
2. Rice, Beans and Plantain with Oxtail stew
3. Agbalumon (spelling ??)
FOUR THINGS IN YOUR BEDROOM
2. Bed and stuff
3. Un-hung/Unframed posters
4. 7 months over due photography books and 2 bibles.
FOUR THINGS YOU WISH YOU HAD IN YOUR BEDROOM
1. another chest of draws
3. internet connection
4. more books
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW
1. American Rag brown sweater
2. Banana Republic brown pants
3. Kenneth Cole brown shoes
4. Black and Grey socks (didn't do laundry this weekend)
FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. At home
4. Ariztos, Inc. headquarters
FOUR PEOPLE YOU’D REALLY LOVE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
1. Nelson Mandela
2. Bill Clinton
4. Dave Chapelle
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE THINKING RIGHT NOW
1. I need to sit on the toilet
2. It's cold in here
3. I need to plan 4 photoshoots before it gets too cold
4. I need to sleep
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS
1. Direct TV
2. My camera
3. My RL jeans
4. LowLa- my MP3 player
FOUR PEOPLE YOU TAG
they've all been tagged :c(
CLICK HERE for the movie's official website.
Sorry. I know I haven't taken new pictures in a while. It's not because I'm in a slump, but because I've been really, really busy and just trying to get things in order.
I'll be back soon. Probably after this weekend. I promise.
This was taken this summer after a concert in Baltimore.
Apprently, he has a third child on the way from a young lady in Chicago. He denies it though. The attention the girl is getting?? She's even throwing a party in Atlanta for "your support."
Google it, you'll find the article somewhere. *SMH*
P.S. I don't like the Washington Redskins!